Pages

Powered by Blogger.
RSS

How did you share your blessing this holiday season?

 It was in December several years ago when I saw one TV station aired a commercial showing an anonymous man helping a poor family pay for the hospital bills.  It struck me.  I felt the overwhelming joy of both the man who shared his blessings and the poor family who received the blessing.

Silently, I made this wish to be able to help exactly the same way, anonymously.  I wished to help someone who is in need secretly when I get rich.

It is also in December this year when something happened.  Someone very close to my heart needed my help.  Everything happened so fast and I ended up needing approximately Php 80,000 to pay for a hospital bill.   Never in my life have I experienced patiently waiting in a hospital hallway, trying to contact the doctors to request that we be allowed to pay the professional fee within one week as it is impossible for an ATM machine to dispense more than Php 20,000 for a single bank account in one day.  Thankfully, there are kind-hearted doctors - Dr. Ricardo Dizon (surgeon) and his wife Dr. Janice Dizon (pediatrician) who did not hesitate and wholeheartedly helped.

The whole experience humbled me, I came to realize that helping others does not require a certain degree of wealth.  I realized that anybody can help regardless of their financial standing.  I realized that helping doesn't require a big bank account, but a big heart.  Which could be the reason that not all wealthy people share their blessings - they are either too busy planning their holidays, too busy choosing between the latest iPhone, Samsung Galaxy phone, etc., or too busy dining at fancy restaurants.

I do not have a 6-digit monthly paycheck yet.  I still have loans and mortgages to pay.  But, I never hesitated to help.  How can I say no to the woman who took care and looked after me while mommy is not around?  How can I say no to the woman carried me to school whenever it's raining so my shoes won't get dirty?  How can I say no to the woman who devoted 26 years of selflessly serving our whole family?




The experience is painful.  It gave me a lot of realization.  I realized that I'm not prepared for emergencies like this, I realized that my love is bigger than my wants...

I may be broke this year.  But I consider my self as the happiest and wealthiest woman on earth this holiday season.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for the opportunity to share my blessings!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment