Pages

Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Not-so-ordinary Pesto Pasta (topped with grapes and sprinkled with parmesan cheese)


It's another Saturday afternoon.  A day meant for family bonding - kulitan at chibugan.  Since it's raining, I'm craving for a comfort food. This time, I'm neither craving for champorado drizzled with evaporated milk nor a hot goto served with tokwa't baboy.  It's so weird, but, Yes!  I and Jondie, opted to cook this dish.

I called this dish a "Not-so-ordinary pesto pasta" because it is served with grapes.  If you don't know me yet, I soooo love experimenting on dishes.  I do copy some recipes but I often, if not always, see to it that I innovate and ensure that I'm giving ordinary recipes a twist.

In this dish, the grapes will give a kick and a great after-taste to your pesto pasta.  It will balance the saltiness with the sweetness and freshness of grapes.  Your hubby, boyfie, dad, mom, siblings, kids and even your household helpers will surely love this dish!



Ingredients:

250 g.   Spaghetti pasta
200 g.   McCormick Pesto Pasta Sauce Mix
1 can    Century Tuna flakes in oil
2 tbsp.  Canola oil (instead of using Olive oil, I chose a less-expensive and cholesterol-free one)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 kg   Seedless grapes
1 tbsp.  Finely-chopped onion
1 tbsp   Finely-chopped Garlic
1/2 tsp  Pepper
1/4 tsp  Salt
1/2 cup Water

Cooking Instructions:

  1. Cook spaghetti pasta until Al denteDo not forget to add few drops of oil and pinch of salt on the pasta.
  2. While cooking the spaghetti pasta, heat a frying pan.  Once hot, pour in canola oil, then saute garlic and onion.
  3. When you can already smell the aroma of sauteed garlic and onion, mix the tuna flakes.  Before pouring McCormick Pesto Pasta Sauce Mix onto the frying pan, mix it first with 1/2 cup of water.  Once, the pesto sauce is well mixed with water, pour it onto the frying pan.  Season with pepper and salt (based on your taste).  Note:  I do not use artificial granules when doing my dishes.  I'll tell you why on my succeeding blogs.
  1. Set the stove to low heat and cover the frying pan to ensure that all the ingredients are well-cooked.
  2. Drain water from the cooked spaghetti pasta.
  3. Mix spaghetti pasta with the ingredients on the frying pan.  Make sure that the stove is still in low heat to avoid overcooking of pasta.
  4. Once all the ingredients are properly mixed, turn-off the stove.
  5. To serve, do not forget to top your pesto pasta with grapes (to make it your "Not-so-ordinary pesto pasta") and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.  The quantity of grapes and parmesan cheese may depend on your taste preference.

Number of servings:  good for 4-6
 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment